One difference between the writing that happens in PW and GP is that in PW, some collaboration is expected whereas in GP, your eventual examination requires you to be independent.
Collaborative writing is a skill you will need in future group projects, whether at university or at work. So here are some resources.
- Online Writing Guide for Students – Collaborative writing. New Century College. http://classweb.gmu.edu/nccwg/collab.htm
- Prof David's guideline for collaborative writing. UNCP. http://www.uncp.edu/home/vanderhoof/syllabus/colab-rt.html
Free(!) online application:
- Writeboard – Simple registration and no-frills http://www.writeboard.com/
- Jotspot – Fancier stuff but still has a free option http://www.jotlive.com/
Online application to look out for:
- Writely – Recently acquired by the guys at Google. New registrations temporarily (we hope) closed. http://www2.writely.com/
The last two links were found here.