While scouring for possible resources for positive trends, I flipped through The World in 2006 from the publisher of The Economist and realised it was mostly bad news.
A Google search for ‘good news’ of course brought up plenty of Christian sites which I skipped through (but I opened a couple unwittingly anyway). And here are three candidates that the search brought up:
- Good News Network International http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/
- Good News Broadcast http://www.goodnewsbroadcast.com/
- Good News Blog http://www.goodnewsblog.com/
- You are encouraged to do your own search
- Watch out for excessive optimism with little substantiation
- One single event does not make a trend
- Don’t dismiss all bad news. Increasing efforts to deal with bad stuff is a good trend.