La la la… Somebody say something so I don’t keep talking to myself…
Anyways here’s the image that inspired the case FOR school uniforms (because a Spanish friend of mine found it freaky or ‘very disturbing’… might be the ominous sky too):
So like what zlel said, one argument against uniforms is that they can be pretty ugly, but everyone’s a critic.
Let’s combine this with some others I’ve thought up in a bullet list to help the ‘muggers’ (read: compulsive and efficient learners)
- can be plain ugly
- goes against one’s individualist tendency (as opposed to your collectivist inclination; and reminds you of other collectivist institutions, such as the military, to which you have an aversion)
- you can’t really tell if someone been wearing the same clothes day after day (unless you get close and the guy hasn’t discovered deodorants; but what about the pants that grown up men wear… guess that’s a uniform too…)
- the colour doesn’t complement your colour
- the cut doesn’t suit your shape (ok… I know…. too similar to the last point)
- most uniforms need to be ironed (whereas if you could choose your own clothes, you can decide to wear clothes that don’t require ironing)
Got any more?